How does our cypher looks like? Unpredictable. Often it is hidden in text or images, other times it is inside or on the surface of some physical object. In the outdoor events, you can even find it after inspecting the exterior of some building, statue, of city panorama or perhaps in a beautiful stained glass of a church. In all of these cases it will contain attributes leading to the principle of the cypher and therefore cracking it and finding the encrypted password. The cypher always has one very obvious solution that will motivate you to run for the next part of the adventure trail. All of this despite it is mostly adventure in your own head.
Our cyphers are distinctive in the following aspects:
- They have one unequivocal solution, where you will have no doubt of its correctness.
- To solve it, you require only a common knowledge or information that are accessible easily.
- Their principle presents interesting mind concept.
- They look elegant and intriguing.
- They lack any useless redundancies that would distract you from the correct solution.
How to solve a cypher?
When you face a new cypher:
- Explore it thoroughly. See all that is there to see. Name these things.
- Firstly try more simple principles.
- Verbalize clearly what you want approach you wish to try and spend a reasonable ammount of time on it. It frequently happens that one has a right idea, but gives up too soon.
- Do not stick to one idea. Give yourself a time limit and after it passes, try a different approach.
- Be suspicious. Strange coincidences are very often no coincidences at all. Notice regularities.
- Do not be paranoid. Strange coincidences are very often only coincidences.
- Use all information and material that are available to you.
- In case of emergency: Read first letters. Break the item!
It is much more interesting and effective to try to solve a cypher in the team than by yourself.
For a team effort we recommend:
- Verbalize your ideas to the rest of the team.
- Listen to what others say.
- Repeat loudly what you have already tried.
- Work in parallel, try multiple options at once.
- Work together, one person makes mistakes more easily.
Cited from sifrovacky.cz.
Notice that principles and abilities you acquire from solving a cyphers can be used to solve many everyday problems and situations. Solving a cypher develops your creativity, ability to think out of the box and to solve complex problems, to cooperate, communicate and to reason.